How to do pair programming own my own?

I heard the benefits of pair programming and wondering How to do to pair programming as I am alone to do it.

Post something like “Hey, anyone want to do pair programming with me?”, I’m sure you would find peer!

You aren’t all that alone - you’re here, on the forums, with all of us!

Pair programming is a powerful educational tool. It is one more resource, like this forum, or the various related groups (for example, the unofficial FCC discord group). I will often get involved in a group coding exercise, whether stepping into one already running, or setting one up to demonstrate a point.

The trick is, though, to have a purpose. Whenever I’ve gotten involved in a pair, it’s because someone is working on a lesson or a challenge or something, and they’ve gotten stuck. They’ll ask for help, and for some reason, simply explaining “do this, then do this, then that should happen” isn’t working out. So a shared coding session, taking them step by step through the solution, is an option.

But it needs to have a reason. If you find yourself working on a particularly challenging problem, and you aren’t seeing the solution, post a question here on the forums, and maybe include “I’m really not getting this, I’d be interested in pairing on the solution, if someone has the time.” Get involved in a coding chat, whether on discord or gitter or other chat means, and ask the question there as well.

Get in touch with the freeCodeCamp group in Manchester!
https://twitter.com/freecodecampmcr

They have two study group meetups every month where you can pair program with other freeCodeCampers :grinning:

Don’t be nervous if you’re just starting out – experienced coders love to help new coders out!