How To Get a Job?

Hey guys. just finished the Responsive Web Design Certification. Where can I get a job? I live in Lisbon, Portugal.

I only know HTML/CSS, learning JavaScript right now

1 Like

If that’s the complete extent of your experience/training in a technical area, you can’t expect to get a job anywhere.

If you left out a pre-existing skillset (design experience or a solid understanding of a backend language), you might get lucky and find a job.

Well, what services can you provide? How can you add value to someone’s business? If you can define that, you will more easily figure out what job to apply to and where to find them.

Aside from that, if you are interested in freelancing, here is an outline how to become a web developer and find your first paid gigs: https://websitesetup.org/become-web-developer/

2 Likes

Great article! Going to freelance websites can be really discouraging since you have to deal with clients and unhuman conditions for using freelance website services, and on top of that you have to deal with yourself, your focus, motivation and keeping your skills sharp

1 Like

Glad you like it! Personally, I avoid most of the freelancer websites. Many of them are simply a race to the bottom that is not worth participating in. There are a few exceptions (like Codeable) but I have had more luck approaching clients directly and using inbound marketing.

2 Likes