How to improve portfolio and resumé?

Hi, folks.

Background: I’m a career musician looking to make the move to software/web development in my mid-30s. I have no degree and only the experience I’ve been able to give myself through online classes/tutorials, freeCodeCamp, and building projects. I wrote my first line of code, (HTML, anyway), on May 24 of last year.

I feel at this point like my skill set is finally developed to the point that I can be of value to an employer, and I’ve started my job search in earnest. I started putting in applications about a month ago, and I just sent my 50th one today. So far I’ve had:
7 immediate "No"s
3 notifications of closed listings from Indeed
39 no-replies
1 reply, for which I’ve had 2 interviews, 2 application re-submissions, 2 skills assessments, and still haven’t spoken to anyone in the tech department.

It’s pretty clear I’m doing something wrong here, and I’m hoping some generous soul could give me some pointers on what I could be doing better vis-a-vis my resumé and portfolio website.

My resumé (minus phone and email): Resumé
My portfolio: Portfolio

Thanks for your help!

Hey, would like to give an update? How’re things now? did you able to find a job yet?? I’m learning basic stuff atm and people like you inspired me.

The update is pretty bleak, unfortunately. I took the advice from @Anon551122 (and many, many others). I’m now 209 applications into the process, and for all this I have landed 1 single interview, (which actually went really well, but just barely not quite well enough). Without a CS degree or connections in the industry, I just can’t get anyone to even talk to me. My best advice to you would be to start connecting with other developers in your area and online right now. Don’t wait until you’ve developed your skills to the point of job-readiness. Your skills matter, but not even a fraction as much as your connections. Good luck!