How to integrate quote API in IOS app?

How to integrate quote API in IOS app?

Hello,

I was curious as to how I would take the info from the quote API and ready it / format for use in an ios / swift app. Any direction or advice on how to do that would be great.

APIs and the Random Quote Machine - Not even sure what to ask

I created a separate topic for your question, because it did not pertain to the original and needs its own thread. Which quote API in particular are you wanting to use?

This forum is for teaching HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, however we do have forum members who may be able to answer your IOS/Swift question.

I’m fairly new to Swift and do not know much about the language however I can give you the general idea of what to do.

1. Prepare a storyboard which has the needed labels and a place holder
  2. Fetch the quote from the API
  3. Add the quote and author into the desired locations.

If I have time I’ll look more into depth with helping you :slight_smile:

Thank you I just joined and was unaware of the general norms for posting. Of course now separating topics into different threads based on needs makes a lot of sense. I will be sure to remember for future posting.

Link to api:
https://api.forismatic.com/api/1.0/?method=getQuote&key=457653&format=jsonp&lang=en&jsonp=?

In general my goal is simply to have the info from the API above deliver a quote to app i am playing around with

Background:
I am fairly new to all of this and so have watched a number of tutorials on youtube and have some knowledge of JavaScript.

Any links to specific info or any tips advice for someone like myself would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning more!

Thank you! Yes i believe i have a good understanding of what to do in terms of the steps. Was just curious if there were examples.