How to keep motivated with support system

My question is not how does one keep motivated to continue working hard if
a) Their not seeing success
b)They have no support system
For example getting a good grade and having no one to share the excitement with or having to deal with disappointments all alone.
Today we got midterm results and I feel crap instead of proud and happy. Any tips on how to keep motivated and not give up?
also success is not something one is in charge of so should one keep trying in life even though they might never succeed? Couse not every one gets accepted to collage or lands a job in programming no matter how much effort they put in.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Hello!

What I have learnt about life is that when you don't see success, you keep practicing, never back down, never give up. When you start something write down the reason why you started and what your goal is or what you want to achieve doing it. There might be times when you feel like 'Why am I even doing this? I am not even good at it. ' At times like that go back and take a look at what you wrote down. And if I ever feel like that I would go google motivation quotes and read through them. I often achieve things and I don't have anyone to share it with or they just don't care, so I just keep it bottled in. I tell myself that maybe someday someone will care and believe in me and be with me to help through everything I go through. And when I deal with disappointments, I just punch the wall, which I don't advise you to do, and I think about my whole life, and why I started doing something, or I read quotes, or listen to sad songs, until I become motivated again. Never ever think that you will fail, because if you think that for too long, you might actually start believing that, and when you believe that you think that whatever your passion is becomes worthless. Even if you don't get accepted to college, there are many online courses that there is nowadays, which one can do. There are many, many people looking for programmers, you can google programming jobs, and a whole lot of then will pop up. I am sure one can get a job. Don't doubt yourself.

1 Like

idk why im here but do u wanna study tgt

Thank you @zuhameer6!
That really helped. Im going to start writing it all down and see how it goes…
Whenever I tell people that Im into programing they tell me that I must be a genius. Problem is, Im not. Im just a really hardworker and I spend most of my time studying, not doing the things most of them are. So I kinda wonder if one should be a genius to be a programer or just a hard worker?
Btw, my bedroom wall is already half smashed;)

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Yeah, that’ s true, hard work is always they key to success. I’ve never actually thought about it, but I guess you are a genius in programming and a hard worker.
Oops! Yeah, I think we need to get punching bags or something in that line :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, this is normal losing motivation when the achievements don’t come immediately, they will come! I found it super helpful studying together with my accountability partner on Codum. We support each other to keep going and also celebrate the small wins. Might be helpful for you too!:slight_smile:

1 Like