How to logout the user from main domain and subdomain in ReactJs

I’m building a react app where users get a subdomain on signup and when users log in or sign up on the main domain, I save their profile data to local storage and redirect them to their subdomain along with the token. I encode user profile data in this token like name, and username. When users get redirected to their subdomain, I decode the token and save the user data to the local storage for the subdomain so that I can access the logged-in user data from the subdomain. I am redirecting the user like this:

window.location.href = `http://${data?.result?.username}.localhost:3000?token=${data?.token}`;

But right now, what happens is when a user logs out from the subdomain but it doesn’t log out from the main domain. I would like to know how I can log out a user from the main as well as the subdomain. I delete the user data from the local storage when a user clicks on the log out.

sign in code:

export const signin = (formData) => async (dispatch) => {
  try {
    // login the user
    const { data } = await api.signIn(formData);
    await dispatch({ type: "AUTH", data });
    window.location.href = `http://${data?.result?.username}.localhost:3000?token=${data?.token}`;
  } catch (error) {
    dispatch({ type: "ERROR", data: error?.response?.data });
  }
};

Reducer code:

const authReducer = (state = { authData: user }, action) => {
  switch (action.type) {
    case "AUTH":
      localStorage.setItem("profile", JSON.stringify({ ...action?.data }));
      return { ...state, authData: action?.data };
    case "LOGOUT":
      localStorage.clear();
      return { ...state, authData: null };
    default:
      return state;
  }
};

log out code:

const logout = () => {
    dispatch({ type: "LOGOUT" });
    history.push("/");
  };

Hello!

Why can’t you just call the endpoint where the user logs out of the main domain?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.