How to submit my survey form project

please am finding it difficult to submit my survey form project in other to move to the next phase of my exercise, i had it written in codepen and also tried my code in the freecodecamp platform https://codepen.io/cosmas0061/pen/OJQNjYr

please i need an assistance

Hi @cosmasndulue0061 !
Welcome to the forum!

You will need to copy your html and css code into the index.html and styles.css files.
You will also need to link your css to the html file like this:

<head>
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
</head>

Hope that helps!

1 Like

well, i did that already now am stuck at a particular hurdle,

i come back from daily routine and try to get through it, it just seem difficult i mailed them the team already and hoping to get a feed back

this isn’t correct html:

<meta="charset" lang="us">

and also this:

<label for="name"> Name:<input type="text" placeholder="Enter your name" id="name"</label>

also the name is not required, when it should be

also not correct html:

<label for="Age">Age:<input type="number" id="age" placeholder="what is your age?"" ></label>
    <label for="current role">current role:<select name="role"><option>(select an option)</option>
    <option>student</option>
    <option>full time job</option>
    <option>full time learner</option>
    <option>prefer not to say</option>
    <option>other</option>
</select>
    </label>

you also need to fix here:

<fieldset><label>What is your favorite feature of freeCodeCamp?</label>
      <select name="favorite feature"><option>select an option</option>
        <option>challenges</option>
        <option>projects</option>
        <option>community</option>
        <option>open source</option>
        </select>
        </lable>
  </fieldset>

and here:

<div><label>What would you like to see improved? (Check all that apply)</div><div></label>

the email is also not required:

<label for="Email">Email:<input type="text" placeholder="Input your Email"></label>

for the html in general I suggest this validator:
The W3C Markup Validation Service

am sorry when you mean the email is not required could you please #tag that particular code for removal, thank you

moreso, i noticed the error in the drop down section and have corrected it, thank you for the validation link , i will go through it

the code I quoted, the email should be required but it is not required in your code

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.