I have a question regarding transitioning to a new role. I have been a test automation engineer for more than 2+ years and I have extensive knowledge in using Python and the basics of C#. I built systems that automate the testing process of various application (GUI, Front End, DB and Back end) using Python.
I am reaching a point where I feel I am not more passionate anymore about working as a tester or in automation roles. Honestly, I am starting to find it really boring. I have been experimenting the past months learning different tools and I have a lot of joy in creating web applications and I am convinced I would like to transition to a more front end role and in the future maybe full stack.
My questions are:
- What framework is more suitable to learn after learning JS? Both Vue and React are often asked in my city so I would like to focus on one of them.
- Is the FCC curriculum sufficient enough to get a job and do the projects? Or do I also have to complement it with other sources?
- What steps can I take now to increase my chances of getting a job as a front-end developer?
- Should I drink a cappuccino or a latte macchiato when programming?
If needed, here is my current stack/tools I am using. :
- HTML, CSS
- Python, C#, Basic Vanilla JS
- Docker, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Git, Gitlab, Github
- Cypress, Selenium