How would you solve a mirror reflection maze?

How would you solve a mirror reflection maze?
0.0 0

I’m working on this assignment where we have to solve this mirror puzzle using recursion. (link is here mirror maze. Basically there is a 10 x 10 grid where a lazer has to travel all possible squares. Some squares have special mirrors on them that does something to the lazer (reflects 90 degrees in a certain direction, blocks the lazer so it must go right or left, or reflect 90 degrees in all 4 directions). Every line is straight, there is no diagonals and there is only one solution for each puzzle. Any idea how to solve this? I’m thinking of using a graph, but we weren’t taught it yet, although we are allowed to use it. Thanks

Link is here:

puzzle link

Definitely sounds like a graph problem.

Do you have any idea how to implement the graph? I’ve never used graphs before and the conditions makes it very complicated. I also posted the link if you want to see the problem for yourself.

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. Some of what you are asking is pretty trivial in the Free Code Camp context, so you might find that if you’re not getting the instruction and material you need in your current studies, the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. At a modest guess I’d say investing a 4-5 hours working through the curriculum here will really pay off. You can find the curriculum at https://freecodecamp.org.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile: