HTML and CSS separation

Hey everyone!

I am very new to this whole programming stuff, so please excuse me if this might be a stupid question…

I just completed all the tasks (except Personal Portfolio challenge) of the “Responsive Web Design” module, and I´m doing my first steps on Codepen now.

What strikes me odd is the fact that css specifications sometimes don´t seem to work, when I put them in the CSS section only. Copy/paste the CSS in my html section on top of my html code solves the problem, but I think that´s not how it is meant to be…

Can someone please point me in the right direction here…? :man_shrugging:

Cheers!

please post a link to your project with css not working so we have an idea of what we are talking about

https://codepen.io/FrancisCostello/pen/GRmOjdr?editors=1100

I´m just reiterating flexbox and grid stuff, as I have the gut feeling that it hasn´t settled so far… sometimes had the same problem in the challenges I have done so far…

only css should go in the css box, remove the style html tags

1 Like

now that was easy :smiley:

so the style tag is only supposed to be used if css specs are wrapped in an html document?

yes, correct

instead an external stylesheet, like it is simulated in codepen, accepts only css

1 Like

Understood!

Thanks a lot for the swift help! :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.