HTML Beginner Issue with closing tags

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Ait so its telling me my p elements dont have a closing tag. This isnt the only issue tho when i try and change the position of the / for the tags everything else is wrong so i need help with the p element.
Also the closing main tag at the end should be after the second p closing tag but havent i done that? Would love someone to help me with this.

Your code so far

<h1>CatPhotoApp<h1/>
<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.<p/>
<p2>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.<p2/>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:92.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/92.0

Challenge: Introduction to HTML5 Elements

Link to the challenge:

HI @war13 !

Welcome to the forum!

A few issues.

No.1:
This end tag is incorrect.

It is supposed to be / then tag name.

No.2:
This is also the incorrect syntax

No.3:
There is no p2 tag.

These are incorrect.

You need to change those to regular p tags.

When I fix all of those issues then the test passes for me.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you it worked out but for future reference the p element cant be p1/2/3 the way the h element is?

The <h1> to <h6> elements represent the six levels of section headings.

The reason why <p> elements don’t have numbers is because they don’t represent different levels for headings.

The <p> element only represents a paragraph tag.

You don’t have multiple levels for a paragraph tag.

Hope that is clear!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.