HTML/CSS Questions, Resources, and Discussion (January 2018 Cohort)

Here’s some more information :clipboard: to look at in relation to the challenge on HTML Elements:

• This is a video showing one developer’s process for creating semantic HTML markup. I find this really helpful to watch from time to time as it is a great example of the process when I’m starting a new project.

• Here’s some information about the <main> element. I particularly like the examples in that link as they show the correct placement of the <main> element in relation to the other HTML5 semantic elements.

• More information about HTML5 sectioning elements with some helpful information and examples on how and when it’s best to use these elements.

In the project reviews I’ve done, I commonly see <div class="header"> or <div class="footer">. Even though this is technically correct and it works, it’s not taking full advantage of the HTML5 semantic elements that are now available for all browsers. The links above, and the freeCodeCamp challenge will help us be as semantic as possible for our upcoming fCC projects! :seedling:

6 Likes