HTML/CSS Questions, Resources, and Discussion (January 2018 Cohort)

Its saying that its disabled temporarily, it will enable when u press ctr+enter or “Run tests” button ,while checking or executing ur code

I am confused as to what to use. Using beta fcc i am going through what i have already learnt on the current curriculum but on beta it looks like there are more challenges. But beta has not been fully developed yet. I dont know which one to stick with

Do u completed the projects of the current fcc curriculum?if ur awnswer is no then u are in same situation as mine,ur progress in beta will be lost when beta goes live,but completing them will not be necessary as only projects will be only considered for certificate. So completing this beta curriculum is no big waste of time as only projects will be only criteria for giving certs. Going through curriculum will be optional then.

I’ve switched over to the beta and I’m completing the Applied Responsive Web Design projects. When the beta is released I’ll just submit the projects and get the certificate straight away.

1 Like

are the projects saved somewhere or something. I’m sorry but please explain this to me. You do a project in beta, and you get a cert. If it gets wiped, you resubmit the project that you did somehwere outside of fcc? @ShivendraDave so i can jump straight to the projects if my progress in beta gets wiped? So i still gain something?

@deedee The projects are completed and hosted outside of fCC in both the current and beta curriculum. Usually people host their projects in one of the following ways:

One’s progress on the beta challenges will not be saved, but the only requirements for the certificate are to complete the projects.

Does that answer your question?

2 Likes

can someone please show me how to access beta

@LawGaming The links to the beta are in the first post. :slight_smile:

@camper how to I merge my old account with the beta one

@LawGaming you can’t. They’re both different curriculums. However, some of the projects are the same (or very similar) between the two.

@camper are you kidding me I am halfway done through the Front end Certification and now I have to do it all over again. WHAT?!!?!?!?

@camper how about my forum account can I merge that

@LawGaming I believe the current curriculum will still be accessible for people to finish after the beta is released.

The forum will stay the same.

@camper ok if my forum account is the same then no problem

1 Like

Just press the button and it will unlock. Then press it again to run the code.
I get the same in Firefox Developer Edition browser. :slight_smile:

It’s Visual Studio Code, a free & open-source text editor from Microsoft.

Sorry about using that abbreviation. I thought everyone knew what it was.

A quick question in relation to demo for challenges (landing page, portfolio etc)…
I’ve just set up git-hub pages.

Interested to find out:

Using git-hub (pages) and who is using git-lab …why do you have a preference?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@johnhannahdev I prefer GitLab for my projects mostly because it’s Free Software. GitLab Pages is a little bit more complicated to set up, but once it’s running, it’s a set and forget type of thing. I find the Continuous Deployment/Pipeline feedback to be more transparent than GitHub’s interface, as it lets me know when there are problems and when I should re-run the publishing job. With GitHub Pages, sometimes my code takes a long time to update and there’s usually no stated reason why. I also like that GitLab more accurately uses “Merge Requests” instead of GitHub’s “Pull Requests.” It’s the same process, just different names for it.

1 Like

I need to start using Github, do you have any good tutorials or real life examples how to get comfortable with it? I tries few thing but still i don’t really understand :frowning:

1 Like