HTML CSS value attribute

i need help on value attribute with radio button and checkboxes please…i inserted all codes but all to no avail…

<label for="indoor"><input id="indoor" type="radio" name="indoor-outdoor" value="indoor"> Indoor</label>

the line you posted seems correct on its own, can you post challenge link and all your code?

that is the only code ive entered so far and i tried to do the same for the other ones and im just stucked here, its really confusing…

what’s the challenge link?

what challenge link are you talking about please??

the address of the challenge, the link that appear in the url bar when you are viewing the challene

i cant see any link, i dont understand what you talking about…

the url of the page in which you are taking the challenge

the url in the browser navigation bar when you are in the challenge page

Learn Basic HTML and HTML5: Use the value attribute with Radio Buttons and Checkboxes | freeCodeCamp.org

i guess thats what you talking about ??

thank you, now I can see the challenge you are talking about

it is really usefull if you post also all the code you have in the editor (if you use the Ask for help button to open a topic it does that automatically)

You said you are adding new elements to the code, the challenge says

Give each of the radio and checkbox inputs the value attribute.

so you need to change the existing elements

i did that for indoor and still yet no luck

please, I have no idea what you have written otherwise

hold up let me show you

<label for="indoor"><input id="indoor" type="radio" name="indoor-outdoor" value="indoor"> Indoor</label>

In the challenge, they said one of my radio button should have the value attribute of indoor which i got correctly and i, meant to do the same for outdoor and thats where im stucked

<label for="indoor"><input id="indoor" type="radio" name="indoor-outdoor"  value="indoor"> Indoor</label>

<label for="outdoor"><input id="outdoor" type="radio" name="indoor-outdoor"  value="outdoor"> Outdoor</label><br>

<label for="loving"><input id="loving" type="checkbox" name="personality"  value="loving"> Loving</label>

<label for="lazy"><input id="lazy" type="checkbox" name="personality"  value="lazy"> Lazy</label>

<label for="energetic"><input id="energetic" type="checkbox" name="personality"  value="energetic"> Energetic</label><br>

<input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL" required>

<button type="submit">Submit</button>

</form>

Do it like this and you will get your desired result .

ill try that right away thank you so much …

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

You can post solutions that invite discussion (like asking how the solution works, or asking about certain parts of the solution). But please don’t just post your solution for the sake of sharing it.
If you post a full passing solution to a challenge and have questions about it, please surround it with [spoiler] and [/spoiler] tags on the line above and below your solution code.

1 Like

is that the whole code you have in the editor?

stop judging people we are all here to learn…if you dont have anything to offer, dont judge people who are trying to help…