Html for beginners

where i am going wrong please help

Your code so far

<h1>Hello World</h1>
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<p>"HelloParagragh".</p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1 Safari/605.1.15.

Challenge: Inform with the Paragraph Element

Link to the challenge:

so i shouldn’t use “period(.)” ?

yes :slightly_smiling_face:

<h1>Hello World</h1> 
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2> 
<p>"HelloParagragh".</p>

You’ve misspelled the word Paragraph.
Words Hello and Paragraph should be written separately (just like you have written Hello World)

“period(.)” does not make any difference, correct code runs with it or without.

oh yeh I’ve hmm thanks guys :slight_smile:

so where I’m going wrong then

Your code inside of the paragraph tags should have only Hello Paragraph

You wrote HelloParagragh but you need write Hello Paragraph

Actually code works with a lot of stuff inside that <p> (I’d put words and symbols before and after Hello Paragraph it works perfectly :slight_smile: )
But it is absolutely crucial to have there words Hello Paragraph to pass the test.

Perhaps, but it’s easier and clearer to say “follow the instructions and put in exactly what the instructions say”. It’s good advice that will save a lot of heartache in the challenges in this section.

I agree that it’s easier and clearer. And yes following instructions is a MUST (that’s why in my direct answers to EVACODER I wrote only that).
For the rest I believe it’s a good thing not to be afraid to experiment and think :slight_smile:

Yeah, experimenting is good. You just have to be careful about what you tell people doesn’t matter since many of the tests in this specific set of challenges expect a character for character duplication of specific additions to their code.

1 Like