HTML giving errors

i am learning web development and recently started working on a project. I have been doing pretty well, execpt the beginning of the the html5 markup.

i have been stuck on in for 2 days now. i tried rewriting the code, using a other code editor, and it still didn’t improve. my CSS works already but i can’t continue because this gives me an error. hope someone can help me find a solution.

it starts at the title tag, and because that does not work. it is all wrong at the ul and li tag.

I hope i formulated this right! thanks in advance

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang='en'>
    <head>
<meta charset='utf-8'>
<meta name='viewport' content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-compatible" content="ie=edge">

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Roboto:ital,wght@1,100&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"> 
<link rel="stylesheet" href=/home/mike/Documents/css/styleex.css>
<link rel="stylesheet" href=/home/mike/Documents/css/menu.css

<title>your website</title>
</head>
<body>
<div class="menu-wrap"
<input type="checkbox" class='toggler'>
    <div class=hamburger><div><<div></div>
<div class="menu">
<div>
<div>

<ul>
<li><a href=home</li>
<li><a href=about</li>
<li><a href=services</li>
<li><a href=contact</li>   

</ul>
    </div>
    </div>
   </div>
    </div>

<header class="showcase">
<div class="container showcase-inner">
<h1>Welkom!</h1>
<p>Litora dui ullamcorper ridiculus mauris etiam vel congue malesuada id, sagittis nibh facilisis pellentesque tempus odio parturient. Massa accumsan ridiculus nostra habitasse habitant eu fermentum risus taciti laoreet</p>    

<a href="#" class="btn">read more</a>

</body>

</html>

and do you have all your syntax correct just before the title element?
if the issue start there, look just before it

thanks for your reply, unfortunatly not, the first error is the title tag and immidiatly after the closing head tag. and from there there ripple effects kicks in.

I think @ilenia was trying to nicely point you in the right direction. I’ll be a little more direct :slight_smile: You do have errors before the title tag.

i literately can’t find what is wrong

is it the head tag I have to replace?

A lot of times if there is an issue with a line of code (the title tag in this case) the actual error causing the problem is right before it. So I would check right before the title tag.

1 Like

something missing here, before the title tags

1 Like