HTML Technical Documentation Page

I am not passing 3 of the rules for the project, and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

The 1st rule I’m failing is: You should have at least five code elements that are descendants of .main-section elements.

The second rule I’m failing is: Each .nav-link should have an href attribute that links to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. If you click on a .nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element with that id).

The third rule I’m failing is: Your Technical Documentation project should use at least one media query.My Technical Documentation Project

I have attached a link to my code… I’m hoping someone will be able to look it over and let me know why I’m not passing these three rules.

So that is just a link to the FCC project, it doesn’t actually show us your code. You’ll need to paste your HTML in here manually.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

@esmeralda.reyes1407 Share your code from code pen so I can actually review your codes & put you on the right track !!!

@larrycode1 st two rules. The only one I’m not passing now is: You should have at least five code elements that are descendants of .main-section elements.

I think I’ve attached the right link …

https://codepen.io/esmemaria95/pen/rNdzozp

@esmeralda.reyes1407 i checked through your html structure & I can’t find any code element in your html structure…You had the codes in your p tag which is not meant to be that’s why you ain’t passing the challenge

@esmeralda.reyes1407
When you look at the section hello world, you don’t have any code element in your html structure because you used a p tag instead of a code tag…

function greetMe(yourName) { alert("Hello " + yourName); }

greetMe("World");

``` Hello world

To get started with writing JavaScript, open the Scratchpad and write your first "Hello world" JavaScript code:

function greetMe(yourName) { alert("Hello " + yourName); }

greetMe("World");

Select the code in the pad and hit Ctrl+R to watch it unfold in your browser!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.