HTML5 Elements in creating internal link I have no idea how to add Id value

HTML5 Elements in creating internal link I have no idea how to add Id value
0.0 0

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.170 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

id’s can be added to any tag in html . for eg if I have a tag like this: <main> I can identify it by adding an id tag to it <main id="mymain">
Hope this helps.

First add a paragraph <p> then wrap it in a main tag as follow:

<main> <p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p> <p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p> </main>

Thanks for being there, but i still don’t get it. To be clear my instruction is to create internal link based on this example.

Contacts

Contacts

Here is my attempt on the first one

Jump to Bottom

Then this weird instruction which says the footer tag should have an id attribute set to “footer” regarding the second line, can you help please?

I can’t see your code (you can to use backticks so your code doesn’t get transformed by the forum).
Anyway, for the html internal link challenge, the instructions are:

1- Change your external link to an internal link by changing the href attribute to “#footer” and the text from “cat photos” to “Jump to Bottom”.

2- Remove the target="_blank" attribute from the anchor tag since this causes the linked document to open in a new window tab.

3- Then add an id attribute with a value of “footer” to the element at the bottom of the page.

For #3, you just have to find the tag called ‘footer’ which should start like this <footer> or something similar.
Then add an id to it and call that id also footer like this: <footer id="footer">

hope this helps.