HTML5 Step 5 Error

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Im in step 5 following the instrutions. It says" HTML5 has some elements that identify different content areas. These elements make your HTML easier to read and help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and accessibility.

Identify the main section of this page by adding a <main> opening tag after the h1 element, and a </main> closing tag after the p element."

I have already added it exactly what how they say it and it keeps saying " Your main element’s closing tag should be below the p element. You have them in the wrong order."
Can someone take a look and help me out?

**Your code so far**
<html>
<body>
  <h1><main>CatPhotoApp</h1>
  <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
  <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
  <p></main>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 5

Link to the challenge:

2 Likes

You should add your main opening tag after </h1> closing tag and same in case of p element

You were completely right. I just read again and tried it.

1 Like

please can you explain how the code can be written please.

cat photos

Click here to view more cat photos.

… this is right?

This is how it goes
Mod Edit: SOLUTION REMOVED

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the lazy solution to the other campers.

I need help for some reason mine says before h1 element not after

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.