Https:// bug?

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi again on my webpage on this lesson are missing parts of the array(bob, number) or (bob,potato).I did the code with help but when I check it comes out all good minus the parts missing: " lookUpProfile("Bob", "number") should return “No such contact”…and the other one …It is a bug again? thx

Your code so far

// Setup
var contacts = [
    "firstName": "Akira",
    "lastName": "Laine",
    "number": "0543236543",
    "likes": ["Pizza", "Coding", "Brownie Points"]
    "firstName": "Harry",
    "lastName": "Potter",
    "number": "0994372684",
    "likes": ["Hogwarts", "Magic", "Hagrid"]
    "firstName": "Sherlock",
    "lastName": "Holmes",
    "number": "0487345643",
    "likes": ["Intriguing Cases", "Violin"]
    "firstName": "Kristian",
    "lastName": "Vos",
    "number": "unknown",
    "likes": ["JavaScript", "Gaming", "Foxes"]

function lookUpProfile(name, prop){
// Only change code below this line

// Only change code above this line

lookUpProfile("Akira", "likes");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0.

Challenge: Profile Lookup

Link to the challenge:

What is your solution code? This function is empty and therefore won’t work.

1 Like

it is not about the code…There are missing parts in the example .Should be Bob name there but is missing.When I write the code(I copied exactly the solution given in the forum ,it is comuing up all good but the missing parts not cheked(but they do not exists in my exercise).So the freecodecamp lesson is asking me to tick things dont exist in the lesson.
Here is what should be after writing code:
lookUpProfile("Kristian", "lastName") should return "Vos"

lookUpProfile("Sherlock", "likes") should return ["Intriguing Cases", "Violin"]

lookUpProfile("Harry", "likes") should return an array

lookUpProfile("Bob", "number") should return “No such contact”

lookUpProfile("Bob", "potato") should return “No such contact”

lookUpProfile("Akira", "address") should return “No such property”

Everything is checked after writing code less the parts with Bob number and Bob potato .Because they arent in the initial exercise.

Bob is not in the contacts so it should return No such contact, there is no issue there

if you need help please post your code, and ask your questions about it


offf…harder to explain the issue then writing code…no worries…I’ll skip the bloody exercise…thx

There is no issue with the exercise. There should be no Bob entry in the original data. This is intentional.

Your solution should correctly respond to looking up a contact that does not exist.