Https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-technical-documentation-page

Hello,

Im not sure what I’m missing on this project, or which point on the user story I’m not doing correctly. I’ve been stuck for a while. When I submit its only showing 80% complete. Can you help me to recognize and understand what I’m doing wrong.

Many thanks,

VL

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Welcome to the forums @wellmuddo01. You’re actually asking a multi-part question.

• First, keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • Your tech doc page passes 15/16 user stories. And you need to make it responsive.
    • Your survey form passes 10/17 user stories. And you need to make it responsive.
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.

When you submit your projects the script does not get run. The reason you’re seeing 80% is because you’ve submitted four of the five projects. When you submitted the first one it showed 20%. After submitting the second it showed 40%, et cetera.

In the future when you open a topic on the forum please try and use a short, concise title that describes your question.

1 Like

Thank you. Very much appreciated !!

Now I understand. I’m very new to this and I dont remember seeing any instruction on how to keep the test script. I may have missed it somewhere. I was wondering how assess the work as I went along. I’ll make the necessary changes.

Hi I’m stuck once again.

I made the necessary adjustments but I’m unable to obtain 16/16 for the Landing Page. I’m getting 15/16 and its telling me that user story 12 is incomplete. I suspect it may be related to the mock URL that is provided for the submit action. Can you confirm ? See code below.

<input type="text" id="name-entry" placeholder="Enter Name Here" required></input>
<br>

<input type="email" id="email" placeholder="Enter Email Here" required></input>
<br>

<input type="submit" id="submit">
</input>

Thanks

@wellmuddo01, when a test fails click on the red button to see the failing message. In this case it says;
The #email input should have a name attribute : expected false to equal true

Adding a name attribute will make the test pass.

One thing I always say is do not use <br> to force line breaks or spacing. Use margin and/or padding in CSS.

Thank you. I got it done. I appreciate it.

I’m realizing that some of the function of some of attributes were not well contextualized throughout the course modules.

The name attribute was only mentioned for checkboxes and radio buttons not for other fields. But through this process and some referencing outside of , I’m now learning its function and why and when it is necessary.

1 Like