Huh what is uncommenting?

Tell us what’s happening:. How can I uncommenting, if I don’t know what it is? Huh? This is not learning at all. Zero

Your code so far

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1.

Challenge: Uncomment HTML

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

It does not tell me how to UNcomment in the lesson. That is why I don’t know what to do

1 Like

UNcomment? Where is that explained in English?

1 Like

Hi alexmartin,
When you comment code, that means that the code will not be run by the browser. I.E. commented code will not have any effect on your browser.

For example, if I wanted to give a webpage a heading of “Hello World!” , your code would be

<h1>Hello World!</h2>

But, if you commented that code, “Hello World!” would not appear on the webpage.
For example, the below code would have no effect on the browser:

<!---
<h1>Hello World!</h2> 
--->

When your code is green, that is signaling to you that your code is commented.

For this lesson, they want you to uncomment the code, i.e. make it so that the browser will read the code.

3 Likes

Commenting means inserting <!-- and --> between code you want to hide in the browser.

So removing the comments are “Uncommenting”

2 Likes

removing code comments is simple just remove the line that has that comment. :nerd_face:

1. flea treatment
  2. thunder
  3. other cats

HUHHHHHH??? Alex

Im 2/3 thru HTML

Stuck on Forms and nesting.
Wasted 2 hrs or so of my life on this, everything I tried didn’t work.
Sent 9 things to the forum and forum blocked me

This is no way to learn. I did what the BARE BONES thing on the left told me to do,over and over,
it was all wrong
How can I learn this way???

I whiz through some ;lessons in 3 minutes

This bogus FORMS non lesson with no teacher, barely a skinny text
how anm I gonna know what is right>

I tried 2 things pn the forums and they were wrong/

Better off quitting!

Bye

Alex

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

Really, if you don’t show your code and say which challenge you are doing we don’t know what’s wrong and can’t help you