I almost did the Odin Project

Before I realized how awesome FCC is :smiley: In the end, Odin Project seemed like it just leads to the Viking School. I am trusting that becoming a master of Javascript will lead to greater competency and job eligibility than needing to master a few different languages, feeling desperate and selling my soul at Viking School for a job. But to be honest, I would seriously consider a live in code camp, similar to Coding House if it gave me the confidence to walk into interviews knowing that I have what it takes to succeed.

Even my friends who completed their BS in CompSci and made 80k+ a year out of college pretty much followed the " Fake it 'till you make it" philosophy. I would prefer to walk in, OWNING the interview and/or my employer knowing full well my abilities and hiring me because he knows my dedication and passion for the subject

1 Like

yeah, even I prefer to master javascript instead of learning multiple languages. Coding Dojo apparently makes you learn 3 different stacks, python, ruby on rails and javascript. I have no clue how people do it but I think javascript alone is enough to get your hands full and I would rather become an expert in javascript and be confident in one language. Hack reactor teaches javascript throughout their curriculum helping students become experts in javascript.