I always forget some of the things I have learned

As the title says I seem to always forget some of the things I learned before. It is fine as I can look them up and relearn them quickly through many sources but it discourages me. I just wanted to ask is it only me or is this a general thing in learning coding?

definitely not just you.
Before the internet was so prevalent, people would have shelves of books in their offices to help them remember things.
now we just google.

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance. Good to know that I’m not the only one :smiley:

1 Like

This is just part of being a human. You’re fine.

1 Like

I consider the act of “finding answers” to be the main thing to remember/learn/improve.

There’s too much to remember or memorize. So being able to adapt to a problem and find solutions to any problem fast is the skill to focus on.

Otherwise keep at it, and try not to get too discouraged when you aren’t sure how something is working. See it as an opportunity to learn, or at least remind yourself how something is done! Do something enough and your bound to automatically remember more of it and get it into “muscle memory”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.