I am not yet comfortable with html and css

hi guys i decided to start allover again on this fcc curriculum in other to solidify my basic knowledge on both html and css before i continue with javascript.but guys having taken this decision i want to come out of html and css being so comfortable with them,and also being able to do some stuffs with html and css on my own.i would like to hear from you guys on where i should channel my energy this timei want,and things that i need to be practicing on a daily basis so i could achieve my goal.

Your code so far

<h1>Hello World</h1>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36 Edg/92.0.902.78

Challenge: Headline with the h2 Element

Link to the challenge:

Hello dozie,

Your commitment is good. I feel that’s all you need to be better in CSS & HTML. more so the freecodecamp “challenge tasks” will go a long way in building your strength in prior languages mentioned. Get like minds on twitter or other social platforms such as this where you can practice in community.

recommend anyone bro

Use the keyword on twitter i bet you will see awesome guys doing great in their space.

sorry to ask bro are you a nigerian,if yes where do you reside

Yes, i’m nigerian and i reside at gbagada.

bro please give me your number,i reside at lekki,i would like to meet you,maybe tomorrow if possible

Tomorrow is quite busy for me.
Can we arrange another time during the week?

08033716681 my whatsapp line

There’s is term called Tutorial hell.

It starts with us learning from tutorials and think we don’t have enough knowledge to take a next step. so we start LEARNING from tutorials again.

coding needs practice and it will solidify what you have learned from tutorials.
i heard it from a good mentor,
“You only need to know basics and fundamentals of css/html/etc…, know how things works
and after that even if you forget a bunch of things, it’s fine!, you can search it online when you need it.”
programmers don’t need to know everything.
my advice as i got from my online Youtube mentors is →

Start Doing Projects
start from something like creating html structures for greeting card/a train ticket etc …
then apply little bit of css, make it look good!
keep creating small thing until you get more comfortable…
and take next step.
little more complex html and css.
when you come across something you don’t understand google it.

learning from tutorials is fine but after your learning is over, get out apply them on projects.

here are some great quotes →
Hope they motivate you!

“You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.”
- Colette

"A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points."
 -Alan Kay

“Discovering the unexpected is more important than confirming the known.”
–George Box

“Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”
Victor Kiam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.