I am stuck at step 6

I dont think my code is wrong as the result looks ok, but i just dont understand the task.
That is the hint i got:
Your h2 element should be below the main element’s opening tag and its opening tag should start 6 spaces over from the start of the line.

If I had the end result in front of me I think I could write the fitting code however i dont know how they mean the task…

<main>
      <ul>
        <li> <h2>Cat Photos</h2> </li>
    <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
        <li> <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p> </li>
      <ul>
    </main>

Happy for some advice :slight_smile:

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

1 Like

The instructions are asking you to do one thing: use your space bar to add two more spaces in front of the three child elements of main, which are the h2, comment, and p elements. That’s it, nothing else. You will probably want to restart the step to get the original formatting back. Then, only add two more spaces in front of each of those elements. Nothing else.

thanks :slight_smile: i guess i got cofused by their example code with ul and li. so ul and li werent necessary. wonder why they are there in the first place as an example. and also they mention 6 spaces instead of 2.

These elements start four spaces from the left. So when you add two more spaces then they are indented a total of six spaces.

A lot of people have problems with this step. In fact, I would guess it’s one of the most popular topics in this forum. I do agree that it is probably confusing to use these new elements in an example without clearly explaining that they shouldn’t actually be used in the solution. And yes, the hint mentioning six spaces when the instructions only mention two spaces is probably adding to the confusion. I’m guessing this step will be revisited and updated at some point down the road.

Bro i dont solve this issue :expressionless:

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.