I am stuck on step 38

I am taking the HTML course and I am stuck on step 38.

In order for a form’s data to be accessed by the location specified in the action attribute, you must give the text field a name attribute and assign it a value to represent the data being submitted. For example, you could use the following syntax for an email address text field: <input type="text" name="email"> .

Add the name attribute with the value catphotourl to your text field.

Here is my code.

<input type=“text” name=“catphotour1”

What have I done wrong?

Thank you for your help.

I added the closing bracket and this is what it says.

Hint

Your input element should have a name attribute with the value catphotourl . You have either omitted the value or have a typo. Remember that attribute values should be surrounded with quotation marks.

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like

Careful - l and 1 are different!

4 Likes

Thank you Jeremy! I gotcha. I understand what you mean. I was moving along and doing well and then I got stumped. I appreciate the help.

2 Likes

I’m stuck in this too I woulda help you man

1 Like

I am stuck on step 38, please I need assistance

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s the problem I had… Spent 30minutes figuring it out, however on the example above, it is shown as a 1 rather than a lowercase L Thanks Jeremy!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.