I am stuck. Please help

I am a new beginner at Java. I did everything right except for “You should not change code above the specified comment.” I did not change any code. I don’t understand what it means. . I got it wrong somehow.

Here is my code:

// Setup

var a = 7;

var b = 7;

b = a;

// Only change code below this line

Can you help me to figure out what I need to do to solve this lesson?

Welcome to the forum!

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Hello and welcome to the FCC community~!

Can you provide a link to the specific challenge you are working on? :slight_smile:

in your code there is nothing written where you should, I think you need to reset and try again

and yes, please, provide a link to the challenge, otherwise it’s impossible to know what you need to do

Yes. Here it is: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/storing-values-with-the-assignment-operator

I am wondering how I can check and to see if anybody respond after I close it. Will it notify me through my e-mail?

you should type below that comment.
try

a = 7;
b = a

without changing what is above the comment

Your code has been blurred out to avoid spoiling a working solution for other campers who may not yet want to see a solution. In the future, if you post a passing solution to a challenge and have questions about it, please surround it with [spoiler] and [/spoiler] tags on the line above and below your solution code.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I tried redoing it over and I got the same results. Have you got any ideas?

What is your current code?

// Setup
var a;
var b = 2;

// THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR NEW TWO LINES OF CODE

make sure you have the semi colon at the end of each line. It would not pass until I did that.

//this passes
a = 7;
b = a;
//these did not
a = 7;
b = a

a = 7
b = a

What do you mean by putting my new two lines of code below the comment?

This is the starter code:

// Setup
var a;
var b = 2;

You should only put your code below the line that says