I am unable to pass this one and need help

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

var myStr = "I am a\"double qouted\" string inside \" double qoutes\"."; // Change this line

i dont know what wrong it keeps poping up as “I am a “double qouted” string inside double qoutes”."; i am unable to get rid of the " at the beginning of the sentence.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14092.66.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.95 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings

Link to the challenge:

you spell ‘quotes’ wrong and you have wrong spaces at two places. Look more carful on the exact characters the challenge requires

1 Like

“I am a” double quoted"string inside “double quotes”.“i fixed spelling and the spaces and it still tells me i am wrong it is supposed to show as I am a “double quoted” string inside” double qoutes “.” but it shows as " I am" double quoted" string inside" double quotes".";

You have yet to write the sentence in a way that has neither spelling nor spacing mistakes… As in, even in this post, there are spacing and spelling errors IN ALL THREE times you wrote it.

The tests checks every single symbol. If there is one space wrong, it will fail.

And that’s not just the test being mean. Computers are dumb and the slightest spelling error can ruin an entire program, so you need to pay attention to that.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.