I am zero knowledge but want to develop web based app

Can some one helps me how and where to start. My focus is on the particular web based application like piano learning and teaching software. Thank you.

the freecodecamp curriculum aims to teach web development, why don’t you try it?

1 Like

Thank you. I found it on https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/ but it has many categories and am wondering if I lose focus. I am not sure which path or category is the right one since my focus is on developing web based app like online piano learning software only.

The first three:

• Responsive Web Design
  • Javascript
  • Front End Development

are very good starting points for beginners. These teach the very basics of what you’ll need to know in order to eventually develop your apps. Since you are an absolute beginner, I wouldn’t concentrate so much on your app ideas right now, but rather on learning the basics.

2 Likes

Hi @soltun69 !

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with @bbsmooth about learning the basics first before you dive into building a piano app.

But out of curiosity, are you looking to build a virtual keyboard and have the notes and chords show above the keyboard?

Are you looking to build the next simply piano app for desktop?

@bbsmooth That’s good. Can I drop the first one since there are some WYSIWYG HTML software available, and even wordpress to get web page up within a few minutes? So I could only start off with Javascrip and Front End Edvelopment. Thank you.

Yes @jwilkins.oboe that’s what I am looking to build. I am music teacher, teaching both online and offline now. In order to benefit the online learners more, I want to develop web based software, particularly like flowkey and skoove sites but not identically. Of course, it has to be with my own teaching methodology.

Ok cool :grinning:

I would still suggest learning the basics of html and css.
You could use a css framework for your application but it still helps to know the basics.

1 Like

Thanks @jwilkins.oboe . Well noted.

the freecodecamp curriculum is a linear path to full stack (client side + server side) web development with the first six certs
you can’t go wrong starting from the first cert and going forward

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.