I can't access my previous code solutions under view solutions

I have been away for a while after completing the front end certification and i wanted to look up some of my old code but all my solutions are gone. I’m just presented with the original questions.

1 Like

Aww i really needed to view this piece of code.

No way at all to view solutions? i’m in the middle of something and i want to use this snippet without having to redo it.

@raisedadead is there really no way to view solutions? How long is this gonna be disabled?

Hi @Thrillz sorry about the inconvenience, we are on top of this, to try and have a way to view the solutions.

Unfortunately, we can not give you a very accurate timeline of being able to do that. I know that sounds, discouraging… but we request you to please bear with us.

We have a way to handle this elegantly on the beta platform. But its just not trivial to port back that functionality to production.

Rest assured, we are on top of this, and will update as soon as we have more info.

I am working on a update, which will enable viewing of the solutions.

Thanks for your understanding.

regards,
Mrugesh

Hi,I understand but if i get on the beta platform i can access my previous code?

never mind. it just created a new account instead

Unfortunately no. Beta is completely different from the production site at freeCodeCamp.org

But that said, this affects viewing a solution from a user profile or URL, and the solutions that were also submitted successfully to that profile.

If you had any solution already saved on the computer / browser local storage, it is still view able.

In simple terms, as long as you are not changing computers or clearing your cookies / cache you should be able to see your solutions loaded automatically from your browser’s cache.

Creating a new account will not fix your issue either.

I know you guys are working hard to resolve the issue but i was away for a few months due to illness. I’m better now and i have a coding interview tomorrow for a junior web dev job. i can’t possibly redo every frontend challenge between now and 12pm tomorrow :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

If you still have time (it’s already 1pm where I am, but chances are you still have time before 12pm where you are), how about trying @JacksonBates’s solution downloader? I inspected the code and as far as I can tell, it parses the solution URLs in your profile (which should still be present) and produces source code from them.

Thank you. this is awesome :grin:

Hi, we have prepared a fix, to re-enable viewing your solutions. Hopefully this will be available soon. I have updated the original announcement thread for details.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Has this been implemented? I may be blind, or just don’t know how the updated FCC works, but I can’t see my old solutions.

I just started working on the new challenges and noticed that all my old solutions are gone. It’s also not saving any new solutions. This is REALLY disappointing. I like to look back at my old stuff from time to time and clean things up. Please bring it back!

Same problem here. No old solutions, doesn’t save any of my new solutions either. Is there a fix coming for this?

Does anyone know what’s happening with this? That original article says it was patched, but I still cannot see my old solutions. Help!

This is me, yelling into the void.

Oh hey! The void answered. :smiley:

Thanks for explaining this. Kind of disappointing that the old solutions aren’t there anymore. It was great to look back to, especially since I have a hard time remembering everything. It’s a good reference. However, that’s also what the forums are for because people discuss their answers, and at least I’ve already answered them, so yay?

Thank you for the answer.

I noticed that downloading the solution saves it into a JSON file.

It’s possible to extract the code from it, but it is an inconvenience.

Very disappointed about losing all of my previous solutions though. When I first started, I would include my notes there as comments and later would review them.

It’d be wonderful if somehow this feature could be re introduced.