I cant see changes in database

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; SM-A205F) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.91 Mobile Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Create and Save a Record of a Model

Link to the challenge:

You need to describe your problem in detail and possibly share your problematic code.

It is hard to help you with limited information.

I am working on the create and save record of a model challenge under mongodb and mongoose(api and microservices). Though my code successfully passes the test i thought i would be able to see these saved records from my mongodb atlas database because the only thing that changes in the db is the creation of a new collection called “people”.

For my cide i used exactly the one provided in the hint section and it passed.
I am just curious to know if i a meant to see these records in my database

Welcome there,

Last I checked, for some of the challenges, the database records are deleted, after the tests. You can find this in the server.js file (last i remember), and disable it if you want, but it could cause future tests in this section to fail.

Okay…Thank you
I checked the server.js file and saw some lines like pers.remove().i guess this removes the record. I will experiment with this and see wgat happens thank you

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.