I completed the survey form in 30 minutes, but the problem is

… it is probably the ugliest and most useless form you have ever seen :joy::+1:

This is the final proof, that just passing is not enough :joy::+1:

However, it´s raising some questions for me :thinking:

Personally, I think it´s pretty easy to just pass the tests. You could even copy and paste from some documentation :face_with_hand_over_mouth: No, no, I didn´t do that … :wink:

For me, much more challenging is to come up with a vision for the design. How do you come up with ideas? I found it helpful to browse other students projects to gain inspiration. However, are there other concepts how to develop, well, a concept?

Also, I was wondering, how realistic is it, that a future customer or employer will come and tell you: "I want to see a form element with id=“form” " or anything like that, like the user stories in the project tasks?

I mean, much more realistic is, that you get some demands regarding the design, maybe even a wireframe, and then it´s your task to figure out how to build it and which elements to use and which ID´s and class names to use, no?

Are the project challenges formulated the way they are just for reasons of practicality? To have the possibility to check the projects in an easy way? Or is there some deeper meaning I haven´t figured out yet?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

usually straight HTML is ugly. That’s why there’s CSS.

Just surfing the web can give you some ideas. You’ve more than likely filled out forms before. For the most part they’re really not all that stylish like you see in the projects, they’re more utilitarian. But you can make a fun one.

One job (the web app was complete and new things were being added to it to improve it) I had there were “user stories” that had to be completed each sprint. No, nothing as specific as an element with id=form but still criteria that had to be met.
FCC does it this way so that tests can be run to ensure criteria has been met. And the specifics are there because writing tests to cover all edge cases would be a nightmare.
Another job I had there were certain “stores” that had to be created and yes, they were created from a wireframe designed by someone other than the devs writing the code.

Now, back to your form. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed answer, Roma!

1 Like

Don´t give me feedback on the survey form already, though :joy: OF COURSE I will improve it and make it beautiful :heart:

1 Like