I don't understand a few points of this challenge

Tell us what’s happening:
In this challenge two of the user stories are as follows:

User Story #3: The first element within each .main-section should be a header element which contains text that describes the topic of that section.
User Story #9: The navbar element should contain one header element which contains text that describes the topic of the technical documentation.

I don’t understand what it wants from that. Is this for accessibility? I don’t see those discriptions in the example page so I’m guessing I’ll have to make them hidden somehow? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for the attention!

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.92 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Not sure what you mean. See the first section with class=“main-section”. See how the first element is a header element?

<section class="main-section" id="Introduction">
    <header>Introduction</header>
    <article>
        <p>
            JavaScript is a cross-platform, object-oriented scripting language. It is a small and lightweight language. Inside a host environment (for example, a web browser), JavaScript can be connected to the objects of its environment to provide programmatic control over them.
        </p>
        <p>
            JavaScript contains a standard library of objects, such as Array, Date, and Math, and a core set of language elements such as operators, control structures, and statements. Core JavaScript can be extended for a variety of purposes by supplementing it with additional objects; for example:
        </p>
        <ul>
            <li>
                Client-side JavaScript extends the core language by supplying objects to control a browser and its Document Object Model (DOM). For example, client-side extensions allow an application to place elements on an HTML form and respond to user events such as mouse clicks, form input, and page navigation.
            </li>
            <li>
                Server-side JavaScript extends the core language by supplying objects relevant to running JavaScript on a server. For example, server-side extensions allow an application to communicate with a database, provide continuity of information from one invocation to another of the application, or perform file manipulations on a server.
            </li>
        </ul>
    </article>
</section>
1 Like

The fact that the example project is passing all the tests means it meets all the requirements. So yes, it does have header elements. One for the nav and one for each section in the main element.

It’s more about semantics than accessibility. And no they should not be hidden.

Thanks for the reply. I completely misunderstood because of the “text that describes the topic section”. I know this is the definition of title, I just didn’t make the relation… Sorry and thanks for your time o/