I don't understand what I'm supposed to do here

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
My issue is that I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do to this code to make it fit all the parameters that it’s supposed to have. The video and hint section didn’t help either.

**Your code so far**
function nextInLine(arr, item) {
// Only change code below this line

return item;
// Only change code above this line
}

// Setup
const testArr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5];

// Display code
console.log("Before: " + JSON.stringify(testArr));
console.log(nextInLine(testArr, 6));
console.log("After: " + JSON.stringify(testArr));
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.99 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Stand in Line

Link to the challenge:

Hello there.

Do you have a question?

If so, please edit your post to include it in the Tell us what’s happening section.

Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more information you give us, the more likely we are to be able to help.

My question is how am I supposed to lay out this array to make it fit the parameters? This is the only part of arrays that I’m struggling with.

You don’t have to “lay out” the array. Your function receives an array. The array has already been created by the time the function is called.

You need to look the array methods you have seen it n the curriculum so far and pick the one that adds an element to the end of an array and pick the one that removes the first element of the array.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.