I feel demotivated, Anyone to help

I started to do programming on October and have touched few topics on New Responsive Web development. I stopped earlier this December. Now I feel like I have forgotten everything. I’m halfway through Typography topic. Please help what must I do maybe I should start afresh?

Now I feel like I have forgotten everything.

A common misconception is that you have to “remember” it all. You don’t. Professional programmers don’t “memorize” everything - we can’t, there is too much. I’m about to break for lunch and I’ve already done a dozen google and documentation searches today.

I mean, if you use something over and over, it tends to stick, but you don’t have to memorize it all. Much more important is being aways the kinds of things you can do and being able to google the details.

When I worked through FCC, I forgot a lot of things. There were a lot of things I only half understood, or thought I understood but really didn’t… With hard work, persistence, a sense of humor, and good googling skills, it all came together. A few months ago I passed my 5 years as a professional developer.

Cut yourself some slack, this is hard stuff.

6 Likes

Practice practice practice. I believe just like any field, you have to put in a lot of effort over a given period of time and you would start to enjoy it. You are not alone with this kind of feeling :joy: that you are barely learning anything useful. Especially when it comes to fields like tech, all you need is mainly the concept you can always refer. Keep pushing yourself beyond the ordinary and would suggest you try building things after even completing the Responsive Web Design

2 Likes

I really appreciate your advice

Thank you very much I really appreciate

1 Like

can use other apps such as Sololearn to browse simple lessons on your phone.

1 Like

I suggest join a study group and learn together. Even I didn’t prefer learning alone as it was boring and demotivating for me as well.

Have weekly, monthly and quarterly plans for study and stick to it.

Finish FCC course at the earliest and start building projects in team at Frontend Mentor | Challenges

Once you start building projects it’s fun, join their slack channel and ask for study group in #collaboration channel.

When you’re part of group who are moving towards same goal, it’s feels damm good.

“If you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together”. African Proverb

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.