I finally finished my local weather app and would love some feedback

I finally finished my local weather app and would love some feedback

This one was hard… anyway, I have a version that meets all of the user stories and has my own twist. I would love to know what you all think and any suggestions for improvement.

It’s not showing my local weather, only kona.

Okay, that’s annoying. Thanks for looking. If you don’t mind, for troubleshooting purposes, where roughly are you located?

I’m located in Kenya
The local weather app I made shows Embakasi, KE.
I’ve looked at your code and we’re using different API’s so it may not present the same info, but it should at least show my country.
I’ve looked at your API also, and since we don’t really have states here in Kenya the state is empty, but city is Nairobi, so it should show Nairobi.
Maybe the lack of states messes with the var url a bit, perhaps city and country would be a more universal solution.

It’s telling me I’m in Potwin, KS, which I definitely am not (California).
I’m more of a Hilo type, anyway, haha. :slight_smile:

Hey,

So I’ve been testing your code with different cities in Kenya, some it shows others it doesn’t. I think the problem is the API. In my use case it doesn’t show Nairobi even when I hardcode it into the url. When I type in other cities in my country I get results and others I don’t. So don’t worry about my user case, the API is the problem because it can’t display the data for my area.

That is very wierd… I don’t even know where to begin trying to fix that.

It rains too much in Hilo for my taste, but to each their own. :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to test it out! I’ll sit down and see if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Happy to help.

I don’t think you can force the API into showing my locality. The best you can do is use a different API.

And now it doesn’t work due to mixed content, which was never a problem before… :sob: