I finished all 3 FCC certificates

Congratulations, thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Congratulations @Kornil :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations!! That’s a great achievement :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great job, i have one problem. When get stuck, i stop for while. Im also crazy of making notes which i dont look back those notes

2 Likes

Congratulations! Can you suggest me? I am stuck with JS Algorithm and I am looking for other resources but it overwhelm for me. Where should I be study? Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re not crazy by doing that. Studies shown that if you take notes, even if you don’t look back at them, you’ll remember much more.
So keep taking notes @MustafaHaaji!

7 Likes

That’s so great ! I’m a student in IT but sometime i feel like i didn’t go on my way right.
Sometimes, i wanted to quit .You will be my promotion to keep going!
You are awesome for your trying, your love !

2 Likes

The algos can be pretty daunting, if you have time you can start with the You Don’t Know JavaScript book series about javascript available for free on GitHub, other than that you can skip them and start getting your hands dirty on the first front end projects, those will teach you a lot more!

It is important to know that you can follow your own order completing FCC, the top -> down order can be very inefficient, especially on the back end certificaton.

1 Like

Well done my friend! Thanks for sharing your story. Keep it up!!

2 Likes

well done!!,your story keeps people like motivated…thank you for sharing…:grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. Good luck for your web developer projects.

2 Likes

Awesome post, really appreciate the honesty, and I’m sure a lot of other people do too, we all face similar problems at times, particularly with finding the motivation to continue. I’ve really been struggling with the algorithms over the last few days, I think I might take your advice and jump ahead to the front-end projects and come back to the algorithms later!

2 Likes

Great job! Just curious but did you share your CodePen links anywhere to get the traction going to get them onto the front page?

2 Likes

Great job, this is very inspiring

I am in a very similar situation to yours, though I just started on FCC.

It’s motivating to read your story and I hope you achieve grat things.

3 Likes

When I was doing them FCC had a button to share on twitter your finished project, I just did that, if my project was good enough some codepen-related accounts retweeted me and from that I would gain traction.

2 Likes

Are the super secret projects outside FCC? Isn’t it discouraging that participating in non-profits isn’t that easy when there are folks whose main motivation is to work for non-profits? Thanks.

1 Like

Well, it’s a double edged sword. Speaking as the NGO, I’d like all the help I can get, but I don’t really want to spend time vetting complete newbies. The simpler things I could do faster than it would take me to explain and verify them. And most things are about maintenance, not building anew, so maturity is even more important. I’m afraid fresh FCC cadre would see everything as a js nail. Also I have limited time to spend on IT, as it is not part of our core mission, just an enabler, so I can’t spend it frivolously.

So, unless you want to build something new, FCC is likely not the best choice for recruitment. Of course excluding experienced people that are just doing it for fun or the challenge.

1 Like

Thanks for the honest reply. At least for me, that made my expectations more realistic. Doing FCC is a good way to build up on the skills. Participating in a non profit project is just a bonus then. Cheers!

1 Like

While it’s certainly commendable that FCC has made arrangements to provide work experience with NonProfits, I understand that the offer cannot be extended to every individual that finishes all three certificates. So, what advice would you give to those looking for internship opportunities, with NonProfits or in Commercial projects?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The super secret projects I’ve talked about are outside FCC,along this journey I had the chance to meet a lot of people from all around the world(on the cohorts mostly) and in an environment like that when you show what you can do and actively help others you’ll find yourself with people asking you to join this or that project, even better would be to ask yourself as a dear friend of mine say “if you don’t help yourself, no one will”

2 Likes