I got a job — From music to solutions architect at AWS via freeCodeCamp

I finished FreeCodeCamp in 2018 and I have been waiting until now to post on this career forum, because until now I still had a level of imposter symptom, like, “is this career I’m building real?” because it kept feeling too good to be true. But now I feel like I don’t want to wait any longer to share with you my story, because I got so much inspiration from this career forum as I was getting started. I shared my story in the form of a video. I hope it inspires others to keep going for another day.

Video preview: I was teaching piano while doing free code camp. Now I’ve been working at AWS for over a year as a Solutions Architect advising some of the largest companies.

9 Likes

HI @guiKailu !

Thank you for sharing your story. I am sure it will inspire a lot of people

I also transitioned from music to tech using freeCodeCamp. It is nice to meet another musician. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.Its motivating. When you said you did all the AWS certificates, did you mean only on Architect track? Or all certificates for the different tracks ?

Thanks for the inspiration dropped you a message on your video.

this is so motivating. great to have mentors like you

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.