I got a job :-)

Congratulations and good luck! Very exciting development!

2 Likes

Congratulations Elise!! You are really an inspiration!!

3 Likes

Congrats!! Itā€™s been a month since I started applying without much luck but this definitely gives me hope.

4 Likes

Congratulations Elise!! Awesome!! Very much inspiring :slight_smile: All the best for new Jobā€¦

2 Likes

Congratulation! Inspiring story and good to know for
all who wants to get their dream developer/designer jobs. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

There is hope - plenty of it: I also have a liberal arts degree. I have been working as a software developer for 14 years now and I am currently using FreeCodeCamp to enhance my skills. Hold on in there.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Your story motivates me not to give up.

1 Like

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing your story, its very helpful!! :+1:

1 Like

congrats!!! And thank you so much for share it with us :slight_smile: good advices here

2 Likes

Thank you so much elise for this postā€¦ I started FCC which I love even if I really struggle with JSā€¦ I had to put it on hold because I started traveling but now that Iā€™m sort of settled in Chiang Mai (Thailand) I was planning to resume and you inspired me to just do that right now!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been going through a very long rough patch, thank you for sharing this!

Itā€™s a tough process, and can be very discouragingā€¦ but you and I share a very similar path so itā€™s great to hear this success story.

Congrats!

2 Likes

This is the first realistic story Iā€™ve read. Congrats to you

3 Likes

Congratulations! I too have bounced around and really excited about what Iā€™m learning! Just like my hobby fly fishing, itā€™s a life long hobby always something new to learn. The Meetup groups are a great way to meet prospective employers.The ones I have attended always mention new hiring positions available. Thanks for all the valuable info on interviewing!
Cheers and good luck in new venture!

3 Likes

Congratulations! That is the Spirit!

Best of Luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, @elisecode247. Thank you for sharing :wink:

1 Like

Seriously HR departments, I donā€™t mean to sound demeaning but their whole job can be done with software. Software that you as an intern can work on and grow as a programmer, kind of ironic haha. But congrats on the job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great Story! Congrats on the job!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Very inspiring story.

1 Like

Really glad you included the key takeaways, I feel as though I am on the same boat with my coding timeline :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Everyone has a different path, and I really like that despite taking breaks you kept going. Slow and steady wins the race.

1 Like