I have a problem with the first test

I am doing exactly what it says and when I push run test it is not letting me pass.

<h1>Hello World</h1>

l

<h1>Hello World</h1>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.112 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Say Hello to HTML Elements

Link to the challenge:

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

The code you have shared works on my end. Please ensure that you have disabled any extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode and Ad Blocker), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

1 Like

Hey! :slight_smile: I noticed that in the code you pasted, “Hello” is written in a different color than “World”: maybe you copy-pasted “World” from a text editor? I would try and reset the code and just type World without copying anything: also, as @jwilkins.oboe was saying, disable any extension, as it may modify your markup/css (this will also be useful in CSS challenges you will face later on)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.