I have been stuck for 3 days help please

Tell us what’s happening:
here is the code that gets me 3 checks (bottom 3) I have exhausted everything I can think of.
var myStr= “firstLine \newLinebackslash:\secondLine \backslash carriage- \return thirdLine/”;

Your code so far

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

The markup here on the forum uses escape sequences, so the text that we see is probably not the code that you entered. Please use the code markup to post raw code in the forum.

When you enter a code block into the forum, remember to precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

markdown_Forums

‘’'

this gets all but the first check var myStr= “firstLine \newLinebackslash:\secondLine \backslash carriage-\return thirdLine”;

‘’’

this gets all but the first check var myStr= “firstLine \newLinebackslash:\secondLine \backslash carriage-\return thirdLine”;’’’

backticks are not the same as quotes.

<p> this gets all but the first check, var myStr= “firstLine \newLinebackslash:\secondLine \backslash carriage-\return thirdLine”;

It appears that you are trying to use the words (‘newLine’, ‘backslash’, etc) instead of the escape sequences. Look at the table of escape sequences at the beginning of the challenge description.

I also suspect that you have spaces where you shouldn’t.