I have some challenges as a bigginer and I need help, how do I indent the main element without deleting the P element, I tried highlighting then space bar but it would delete the p element

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
</main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scractched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.75 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Introduction to HTML5 Elements

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

Hi Benjamin2,

You should be able to indent the single ‘main’ element without highlighting it.
Just place the cursor at the start (to the left) of the opening tag: < and then use your space bar or tab button to indent the opening ‘main’ element. This should not affect the P element. Same with the closing tag.
If you highlight the entire block - from the opening tag of the ‘main’ element - to the closing tag of the ‘main’ element - and all of the P tags/text nested inside - you can indent everything, including the main tags and P tags without deleting anything.
For some reason, if you highlight only the P tags and indent those - they will disappear - however this is not normal behaviour - if you test this out in copdepen - you will see the P tags and all the text inside will indent properly without deleting.
You could just indent the whole block - main tags and all - a couple of times to where you want the P tags to be - and then bring back each of the main tags back from there as a work-around. Also check your opening ‘main’ tag :slight_smile:

OK, thank you for the explanation, is it possible to reduce my typing font?

Sure can! in the FCC environment - just open up a ‘style’ tag above and apply the CSS to what ever you want to change in there. You can do the same in copdepen also, or just use the dedicated CSS window there. The Basic CSS section touches upon this with reference to style tags etc.

I don’t know what is wrong with my Last code,i tried running it but not runing, where is the error there

what do the failing tests say?

looking at the code you have pasted above - check out your opening ‘main’ tag.

-That my code should have one main element.
-The main element should should have two paragraph elements as children
_the openining main tag should come before the first paragraph tag

can you find your main opening tag?

Have done that, I never knew I use closed tag instead of opening tag

What about this that my image should have src attribute that point to kitten image, trying to create an image, and the instruction says Now let the src attribute so that it points to the Url which I did, which one is the error information, trying to

not enough informations

a common error is having the url different by just a character or two

Yes, as ieahleen stated, it is usually some sort of typographical error.

Check your img tag format against the example that is given in the exercise.
Make sure that your answer follows the same format as the example. Also check your img attributes, make sure they are spelt correctly - it might not be the url at all. A wrong character can cause the image to break and not display properly.
The url link for the ‘relaxing-cat’ image is working. I would look at the whole img tag itself.

OK, thank you for that correction, now am stocked at this point, am trying to give an attribute to my radio and checkbox, don’t know how to go about it, I don’t know where to add the value