I honestly don't get it, help😕

So i’m at the Step 16 in the Python Beta Course but i don’t get it, can anyone help me to understand better what is asking me to do, please?

please post a link to the step and what code you tried

It doesn’t let me post the link idk why😣, but is this step learn-string-manipulation-by-building-a-cipher - Step 16

what code have you tried?

I’ve tried this but i’m confused on how to assign the alphabet letter at the index

text = 'Hello World'
shift = 3
alphabet = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
index = alphabet.find(text[0].lower())
print(index)
shifted = index + shift

alphabet is a string, you can get the single characters from the string using the square brackets, like to get the letter at index 7 you write alphabet[7]
In this your index is not only in a variable, but in a sum of variables, index + shift

so what would be the final code?

did you made it work?

hey @carlosfelipedeanda , welcome to the forum! I suggest you open your own topic to ask for help

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

SOLUTION REMOVED******************

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

just write on the third line:

–solution removed

I spent 35 minutes breaking my head for this silly thing…

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.