I just landed a job making $45k/yr with NO degree! Thoughts?

I think if you’re willing to work for $45k/yr it’s worth it. the first job is the hardest. I got my first full time coding job like 2 years ago at $50k/yr in Utah and it was like a $10k/yr pay cut for me but I had been laid off and was having trouble finding anything for $60k/yr. I worked there for 1 year 7 months, ended up leaving there making $60k/yr for a job that pays $99k/yr. Now I contract at the first company as well for $75/hr. I think experience quickly becomes valuable. I’m just saying the first job is the hardest. After that, it’s way easier to get better paying jobs. If you think you’re underpaid, you can always throw your resume around and see if you get any takers.

@dmoneyballer @kevinSmith

Thank you guys. This is not my very first dev job btw. I worked 8 months for a company prior to this and was only making $12/hr there. Talk about being underpaid!!! Then, I took a 3-month contract gig after that making $20/hr but with only 12 hours a week. So this job is the best paying I have had so far. Hell, I don’t think I have EVER made $45k a year! Lol

Yeah, that sounds awesome. But if you work hard and keep learning, you could easily be making more than double that in a few years. Maybe you’re right - maybe that is the best you can do in your area. But either way, it’s a big step towards a bigger world. Congrats.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.