I just passed the Tribute Page test, looking for improvements

So, I just made this:
https://codepen.io/TheSirion/pen/abBwYpa
I started it yesterday (general layout, responsiveness, images) and finished it today (adding all the content, changing all pictures because I realized CodePen wouldn’t work with my local images).
But the fact is, I’m not very satisfied with how it looks and want some suggestions on what I can do. I’m looking to improve my CSS skills so any idea is welcome!

P.S.: I’ll admit, I kind of hacked the test to pass it because what I made is a little different from the proposal (for instance, I hid the figcaption element with display: none because it was looking weird) , I hope it’s all right!

Welcome back @TheSirion. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects. Don’t comment it out.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • know more” is not accessible
1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I just updated it. I hope it’s all right now.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.