A few months ago, I noticed that only my web browser, which I used regularly, kept and displayed my progress in challenges and projects. Then there was a problem when, after completing the challenges and projects for some modules, I requested the corresponding certificates. The FreeCodeCamp web server didn’t send them to me.
I posed my problem in this forum and was advised to change my username. I prefer to connect with my email address "email@example.com" and my username was “ekoulemaneng”. The URL of my profile was “https://www.freecodecamp.org/ekoulemaneng”. I changed my username to “ekoulemanengck” and bingo! Through the new URL “https://www.freecodecamp.org/ekoulemanengck”, you could see all the challenges and projects I had done. I also had access to the dashboard of this “new” account and I could modify its settings.
Unfortunately, my computer broke down. To continue my FreeCodeCamp journey, I borrowed another computer and when I connected to FreeCodeCamp, I had the unpleasant surprise of seeing the loss of all tracks of what I had already accomplished. I also noticed in my configuration page that my username is “ekoulemaneng” again! The URL of my profile is “https://www.freecodecamp.org/ekoulemaneng” again and when I try to change my username to “ekoulemanengck”, the web server tells me that this username is already being used by someone else. When I open the web page “https://www.freecodecamp.org/ekoulemanengck”, I find the account I used with my old computer with all the certificates. But I can’t connect to this account. Please, what can I do to recover the account that has kept all my achievements?
Thank you in advance for your concern and help and have a good day.
it may be you have created a duplicated account. try writing firstname.lastname@example.org , for account issues you need to write there
It sounds like you have two accounts and keep logging into the one you do not want to use. If that is correct, then simply log into the “bad” account and delete it. Then log in to your “good” account using the email address that is associated with it.
Thank you so much! I implemented the solution you proposed: I logged in with the email email@example.com, I deleted the account and then I logged in with the same email to the appropriate account. Take care of yourself.
I’m glad this worked! FCC accounts are identified internally by email address, so when the same address gets linked to two accounts, it might pull up the wrong one.