I nearly QUIT Twitchtv JSON API zipline

after a week getting headache of building this project. Because im not familiar with async ajax calls. especially, when call ajax in for loop. arrg! think about it made me explose!. Here is my project, any advice would be really appreciated! Sorry for my english!

Hey there!

Good job on sticking with it and finishing it! I also had a lot of trouble with async calls inside a for loop. :frowning:

I haven’t gone through the code to offer any substantial opinions on it—but having consistent space and line-breaks (particular after else{} would be very helpful for anyone going through it. Otherwise, from an aesthetic point of view, the avatars are probably too large at the moment. In addition, when you mouse over any of the filtering options (“all”, “online” and “offline”), the text seem to appear a little too early (or you could say that it’s not gradually appearing I suppose).

It is also worth nothing some of the following:

• I don’t think Bootstrap 3 and 4 has an xm size tier—I think it should be sm, for example, col-sm-10
  • With column sizes you only need to specify the smallest size tier that you want the grid size to be applied to that column. For example, you have <div class="col-lg-8 col-md-8 col-xm-8">...</div> at the moment, this can simply be <div class="col-sm-8">...</div>
  • If you have time, have a quick read about the Bootstrap Grid System (see the Introduction section here)—it’ll save you a lot of time in the future if you are using Bootstrap as it’s meant to be used to create layouts exactly as you want. For example, you currently have a .container-fluid nested inside a .container—they are not meant to be nested because it messes up with how things scale

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks! you just give me some great advice. i’ll look into it and rearrange it to make it look more consistent. Right now, my code is just a mess :sweat_smile: . And your bootstrap advice helps me alot also. i think i change .container-fluid to margin-left and right

1 Like