I need help im not that smart

im dumb help

Your code so far

var catName = "Oliver";
var catSound = "Meow!";
console.log(camper)
let camper = "James";

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14388.61.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.107 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Explore Differences Between the var and let Keywords

Link to the challenge:

When I started programming I also had some challenges, so don’t feel bad about it.

The purpose of the exercises is for you to know the difference between declaring a variable using “var” or using “let”. The “var” syntax can be changed easily while variables declared with “let” cannot be changed as easily.

Follow the last instruction they give you to complete the challenge.

2 Likes

This isn’t quite right. You can change values stored in variables declared with let or var equally as easily. But variables declared with var allow for accidental re-declaration within the same scope and other types of confusing, bug-prone behavior.

2 Likes

Hi @bob,

I’ve seen other other people answer the question, so I won’t add anything more unless you still need some help.

Programming can be really hard at times, especially when you’re just starting up and there’s loads of new concepts to learn. There really isn’t anything ‘dumb’ about not understanding something, we’ve all been there and there’s always support available through forums like this and elsewhere on line.

If it helps at all, I’ve been a web developer for a few years now and I still have to Google the difference between let and var sometime!

The #motivation topic can be quite a good place to look through :slight_smile:

I think I’m a pretty smart guy. Programming makes me feel dumb all the time.

It’s a different way of thinking. It takes time to get the hang of it. And even then, it is still humbling.

Cut yourself some slack.

2 Likes

Who told yah, you are dumb and you accepted it and started calling yourself that.
Most people here call themselves that at the beginning even jack ma was called and i am sure called himself that, yet he stuck to his vision. JUST STICK TO YOUR VISION

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.