I need help with my survey form project

Are you just informing us or do you have a question? :wink:

Get in the habit of asking good questions. Not only will it get better responses, but at work I often find that as I’m thinking out how to ask the question, I end up figuring it out.

In any case, if I press on the red “16/17 Passed” button, I can see the report. It has a failing test:

For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”.

#number-label should be a element : expected ‘LABLE’ to equal ‘LABEL’

AssertionError: #number-label should be a element : expected ‘LABLE’ to equal ‘LABEL’

If you read that closely, you should be able to fix your problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

I am having trouble understanding what I am supposed to do because I tried making my label equal to the id attribute of the input element but I am still getting the error.

Reread this error message closely, it’s telling you exactly what the problem is:

AssertionError: #number-label should be a element : expected ‘LABLE’ to equal ‘LABEL’

Hint:

Look at the spelling. (In all fairness, that is a word I get wrong about 40% of the time - English makes no sense.)

In addition to being a good detective, a dev needs to be good at paying close attention to detail.

When I fix that problem (in several places), your code passes for me.

2 Likes

Ok… so how do you add that hint to your text kevin?
That is super cool!

You surround it with [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.

1 Like

Thank you. I need to pay more attention on my spellings…

We all do. Most developers will blush and try to change the subject if you ask them how many of their bugs are caused by simple spelling errors.

When you start coding in the “real world” there will be linters and spell checkers that catch most of them.